I suggest you ...

Mobile phone support?

We have been debating on different mobile phone support. Since we are big iPhone lovers we would like even better support for the iPhone for entering points, creating lineups, address books and directions.

All of this works now on an iPhone but isn't specifically formated for it.

Blackberry also has a large user base and would be a good option as well.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MelMel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to add the practice module to the Android and iOS mobile apps.

• ZeldaZelda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

love the iphone app. it would however be great if there will be a functionality where captains can create and edit lineups as well as enter scores

• TennisTennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of my players have Android. As a matter of fact I think we only have one iphone user.

• PamPam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that directions to the courts would be a great feature for an app. I would also love a functionality of a phone book of sorts for each match. This would be used in the case of last-minute match cancellations. I envision a screen where it has the person's name, the availability they set for the given match, and then either their phone number or a "call" button.

Any kind of "phone book" would be good though; for practices, etc. I like the idea someone else mentioned of text-message blasts. This should be a functionality of the website not just the iphone app, but the iphone app should have it.

• Rob SweetRob Sweet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An easy way to bring up the directions to today's match would be my #1 feature request.

• johan.segringjohan.segring commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be fantastic. Feature for v1.0 that I would love to see incorporates some of the current functions already available on TennisPoint AND some ot the other "hot" suggestions from this forum. I think the iPhone app would be used mostly "day of" match to begin with so:
        - ability to enter the scores right into TP > then at the completion of the match push them to ALTA and automatically generate/ or have the option to sending the scorekeeper's message and a notification to the coordinator
        - ability to initiate a call to the voice blast function/ add credits if needed
        - ability to type in an SMS blast and transmit (would be great for weather updates)
        - pull up directions to facilities
        - might think of more as the season gets started
        Let me know if you need a "field tester". I'll be willing to sign up.

Feedback and Knowledge Base